The Elections Observation Group is looking for a communication officer. Under the overall supervision of the National Coordinator, the Communication Officer will manage the ELOG Communication Component and will undertake the following duties:
a. Develop the message of the overall project and for specific activities as the project progresses;
b. Operationalize communications and outreach strategy to generate publicity and promote an image of credibility and non-partisanship;
c. Develop and maintain relationships with national media outlets, identifying opportunities to inform media of ELOG’s work;
d. Create and direct individual public relations and communication approaches to key audiences and actors;
e. Provide advice and guidelines to ELOG for speaking with the media
f. Organise press conferences for ELOG’s pre-election, election day, and post-election activities and events; design and produce press packets for all events;
g. Provide information through press releases, newsletters, and other materials to the media and all involved in the project.
Qualifications Experience required:
• Minimum of a university degree in Communications, journalism, or related field
• Significant experience in public relations
• Working knowledge of Microsoft application packages and internet technology.
• Knowledge of local and international media outlets
• Ability to engage and interview key/high-profile individuals.
• Experience in using social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for organisational communication
• Exceptional analytical, oral, and written communication skills
• Knowledge and experience in public engagement processes
• Enthusiastic and energetic personality willing to work long hours and to travel
• Must possess a high level of integrity and objectivity.
Submission of Application
Interested candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com by Friday, 9th April 2021 with position/title as subject/reference at 5.00 pm and provide the following;
• A Curriculum Vitae and three referees
• A Cover letter highlighting understanding of the TORs
NB: Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. Evaluations will be done on a rolling basis; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Jumuia Place, Lenana Road. P.O. Box 43874 00100-Nairobi, Kenya
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.elog.or.ke
Omil Staffing Services does not charge resume registration.
If you need job application services, such as resume revamp, cover letter writing, LinkedIn profile revamp, click ( https://omilstaffingservices.com/product-category/job-application-services/).
Email Omil at email@example.com for a resume review and revamp.
- Address 00100
- Salary Refer to job post
- Qualification Refer to job post
- Experience 2-5 years