27 May 2021
11 Jun 2021
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organization and the second biggest organization in Finland working in humanitarian aid. Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organizations forming one of the world’s largest aid organizations.
Finn Church Aid Kenya is looking for a
Program Manager – 1 Position
Duty Station: Nairobi
Reports to: Country Director
Primary Purpose of the position:
· The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring quality planning and implementation of FCA’s programme and projects in a timely manner and supervising the programme implementation Team.
· The role is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and oversees the implementation of all projects by the country program.
· The role includes external representation and engagement with various country stakeholders and is required to undertake frequent field visits to all project locations.
Tasks and Duties
Establish and execute programme implementation plans in collaboration with project coordinators and officers and project team including setting objectives, performance measurements and timelines expected to ensure timely implementation of programme and project objectives.
Supervise project coordinators and officers to ensure that project management policies, processes and methods are followed and practiced according to FCA standards and donor compliance rules, best project management practices are promoted, and overall quality assurance of projects is provided.
Mentor and assist program team in planning, execution and delivery of allocated projects, ensuring incorporation of best practice project management processes.
Facilitate timely and accurate project tracking, analysis of outcomes and outputs achieved
Ensure proper financial management in line with FCA guidelines, and reporting.
Lead in the development and and implementation of FCA Kenya programme results framework and to ensure Kenya Country Office (KECO)’s field and technical teams have the tools and capacities to conduct reliable and useful data collection and to record, manage and preserve M&E data in a safe and accessible way.
Provide vision and leadership around innovation, best practice and knowledge management in monitoring and evaluation across KECO, generating on program learning to maximize program impact.
Support program officers and field staff to prepare reports.
Prepare donor proposals, plans and budgets in collaboration with support from the Country Office and Service and Accountability Centre
Specific focus on following the global and local development discourse, responsible for ensuring strong engagement in national and local development processes, ensuring sustainability of the programme approach, and strong cooperation with local government and local thematic actors.
Submit critical programme issues to the SMT in order to drive future process improvement and program development planning, working closely with the CD and relevant FCA global thematic advisers.
Manage and oversee the preparation of programme documents, programme plans and risk assessments.
Plan and propose to the SMT required programme resources (human and financial).
Manage programme resources in accordance with FCA standards of ethics, integrity and accountability framework.
Promote teamwork and highest team standards of conduct while ensuring collaboration by providing clear direction, objectives and guidance to enable diverse team to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently.
Any other duty assigned by the Country Director or designate
Assist in proposal development and explore funding opportunities in the livelihoods context in Kenya.
· Master’s Degree in Project management, business or related field as well as professional certification.
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in working in development and humanitarian program related field operation or field activities in developing countries and knowledge of Education in Emergencies in Kenya is an asset.
· Proven experience and capacity in project management (PMER), proposal development for key donors (UN, EU and ECHO, USAID etc including project financial management.
· Flexible and capable of working and living in difficult circumstances in a multicultural environment.
· Detailed and thorough understanding of the operational refugee context in Kenya and other relevant stakeholders.
· Previous experience managing donor grants is a MUST.
· Experience in cooperating with local government, international actors and UN agencies.
· Proven team management and orientation skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical staff.
· Excellent inter-personal and inter-cultural skills.
· Ability to travel/frequent field visits to all FCA project areas and produce quality monitoring field reports.
· The applicants must be citizens of Kenya, residents, or whatever appropriate category that allows working in Kenya.
How to apply
All qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the vacancy job title in the subject line
Deadline for receiving applications is 11th June 2021
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.
FCA is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. FCA is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Attempts to influence recruitment procedures through phone calls, emails or inducements of any kind will lead to disqualifications
- Salary Refer to job post
- Qualification Refer to job post
- Experience 2-5 years