Karirana Estates Limited
Deadline: Jul 16, 2021
Karirana Estates Limited, is a large agribusiness company based in Kiambu County involved in growing, manufacture and packing of high quality tea for local and export markets. We seek to attract, recruit and retain the best human capital who will grow careers within Karirana Estates, while contributing to our Vision and Mission.
· To lead a manufacturing shift in production of good quality made tea by overseeing quality Greenleaf reception, withering, cutting, fermenting, drying, sorting, packing and boilers as per the Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs).
· To implement the factory operation policies and procedures to ensure achievement of the desired tea quality.
· Spearhead utilization of machines and equipment to realize efficiency targets including throughput, firewood consumption, electricity consumption, overall line effectiveness (OLE) and customer turnaround time.
· To ensure optimization of production costs including energy, labor, and employees’ welfare and other materials to achieve cost of production targets.
· Implement the food safety management systems to comply with ISO 22000:2018 requirements and guarantee safe products.
· To update production and personnel records both manual and in the ERP such as process sheets, staff allocation records, overtime record, daily production, packing and dispatch registers, and circulate the necessary reports to the Factory management.
· Enforce the health and safety standards, policies and procedures to guarantee a safe working environment.
· Diploma in Food Science and Technology/ Food Technology or Mechanical/ Production/Manufacturing Engineering.
· Three (3) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferably tea industry with two (2) years in a supervisory role.
· Self-driven and ability to work independently.
· Proficiency in MS Office.
· Conversant with FSMS and OHSE requirements.
· Exposure to kaizen or similar operational excellence practices is an added advantage.
Method of Application
If you believe you possess the requirements above please send your application and CV to the address below on or before 16th July 2021.
The General Manager
Karirana Estates Limited
P.O. Box 39, Limuru, 00217, Kenya;
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified
- Address Nairobi
- Salary Will be communicated once short listed
- Qualification Refer to job post
- Experience 2-5 years