Human Resource Assistant
The HR Assistant will work with the Senior HR Officer in carrying out all aspects of HR support at the Nairobi office.
· Benefits Management
Management of insurance in terms of addition of new staff and deletion of exited staff from cover.
Maintaining of a tracking tool for the insurance covers.
Support the maintenance of all talent acquisition and management processes on Workday
· File Management
Maintain up-to-date records in Nairobi files (forms, approvals, requisitions) for all field staff in relation to :-Personnel files, Recruitment,Leave,Training,Performance Management,Benefits, Payroll,Exit,Payroll Processing,
· Assist in retrieval of documents required for payroll processing.
· Support the HR Officer in payroll processing.
· Preparation of orientation schedule for new staff and ensuring new staff have been oriented within the first one month of reporting.
· Making sure staff have orientation schedules have been filed in individual files.
· Degree / Diploma in Human Resource, Business Administration, Business Management or related Field.
· At least 2 years’ experience in Human Resource management
· Strong interpersonal skills, high degree of flexibility and a team player
· Excellent writing and organizational skills
· Experience working in a multi- cultural society
· Conversant with word processing, spreadsheet and email computer applications
· Experience in the HR field is an added advantage
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.
- Address Nairobi
- Salary Will be communicated once short listed
- Qualification Refer to job post
- Experience 2-5 years